Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday, September 8 - America, Fairyville?

The sounds of keyboards constantly clicking resonates through the office corridor like the hum of bees in a hive. Phones ring off the hook, people talking incessantly. This is what working in the San Fernando Valley sector of Intel Computer Systems is like. I work in one of the new departments meant to "diversify" our company. My sector was established to hire more fictional-Americans such as myself and help Intel comply with new diversification movements in today's workforce.  My name is Thomas, and I am a fairy. Before the cops uncovered my money laundering scheme, they used to call me Tommy "Twinkle Toes" Giovanni. When the cops raided my flower shop and found the two hundred kilos of "fairy dust" for my next shipment, I decided to testify and clean up my act. With the Fictional-Americans Civil Rights Act passed in 2015, Intel opened up the fictional-Americans sector starting in San Fernando Valley. Mostly washed up characters here, characters that in their prime were stars, icons even. Our Regional Manager, Anthony I believe, that guy used to be a horror legend, scared everyone. Ma would tell me stories when I was a kid about this guy, scared the cannolis out of me. Guess everyone had their glory days pass them by at some point. So here I am, having a few rounds with Anthony and a few of the guys at work at the bar on Fourth. Wilbur, Rupert, and Samson are on their fifth order of wings. What pigs. I'll tell you what though, its not so bad. I like this new life. Anthony is one great blackjack player I'll tell you what, that guy has an unbeatable poker-face. I think I have him beat this hand though, I'll take another scotch and enjoy the rest of the night, cause all in all, this is a nice way to live.

1 comment: