Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday, October 24th - Pirates

It is day 82. The first mate Hennington Nickelbaggs and I are the last survivors on board the Jolly Roger. Ironically, Captain Roger was  the first to go, and he was not too jolly about it. We were sailing through the Himalayan Sea on our way to the Monopoly Islands, then disaster struck our seadog crew. They were fast and merciless. They were too much for us to handle. It is the thing of all mariner's nightmares, the thing that makes most naval officers avoid the Himalayan Sea. Yes, dear reader. I am talking about the dreaded Yeti Crabs. They were first spotted by our navigator, Crusty the Narcoleptic Pirate. Upon seeing these creatures he was struck with such strong fear he just fell asleep, and fell out of the crow's nest. The battle was swift, all hands were lost save a few. I wear the corpse of one of the fallen Yeti Crabs as a hat to strike fear into their hearts. As our ship ran up the coral reef and was rendered unseaworthy, I looked upon the nearby beach. There was a boardwalk where many a pirate ship and merchant ship alike were moored, free parking. I saw the gardens that were kept by Marven, the island's groundskeeper. I saw the green siding on the houses and the red brick hotels. We had arrived at Monopoly Island.

1 comment:

  1. Yeti crabs? Remind me never to go to the Himalayan Sea. I love your names, as usual. *Insert obligatory pirate pun on keeping up the good work*

    ReplyDelete