Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tuesday, October 21 - Deja Vu

Black cat crossing the door
I'm half sure I've seen these things before
Half sure twice makes two halves, make a whole
Crawl through the hole to the mind's console
The door behind which the origin is shut tight
Subconscious barriers from my own insight
Using a mirror to see what I'm sure saw in the past
Take that saw and cut through the door to see at last
What I'm searching for doesn't exist at all
A glitch in the matrix caused the double-event I saw
A glitch in the world or a glitch in the perception?
A glitch in the mind causing its own deception

2 comments:

  1. WOW. I like the images the poem paints into my head. very descriptive.
    but the story was supposed to be based around Caroline and an old man, not sure if that was what you were going for, but I do like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, with the stroke of the keyboard, Brody Cantrill finally creates an original piece. That line has been written by the recently fired failure reporter, as this has been copied word for word from the famous Shakespearean play 'Gilmore Girls'. If Cantrill could finally figure out that I know exactly where he copies his work, maybe he can figure out that copying the ending credits of the play isn't what's going to make a good poem. However, I have notice a small editing after typing this out. Brody Cantrill has called me out in the poem. He has misspelled a certain word in his poem, encrypting it into the first 5 lines.

    ReplyDelete